Derbyshire Mind Trustee Vacancies
Salary: Voluntary role, reasonable out of pocket expenses can be claimed
Derbyshire Mind is one of a federated network of local Mind charities across the country. Our focus is on improving mental health and wellbeing for people across Derbyshire and Derby City. We provide a range of advocacy and community wellbeing services designed to support people with mental health problems as well as the wider population. We are committed to developing innovative and responsive services which further promote mental health awareness and wellbeing.
Derbyshire Mind is at an exciting time in the growth and development of the organisation. We are recognised as a high performing provider of advocacy services, but we also deliver community mental wellbeing support and are about to launch two new services. We have an ambitious, forward-thinking outlook and a strong desire to make a real difference to mental health and wellbeing across Derbyshire.
Are you a highly committed, dynamic individual wanting to make a difference and support the improvement of mental health and wellbeing in Derbyshire?
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled leaders to join our Board of Trustees and play a significant role in taking Derbyshire Mind forward.
We are interested in hearing from people who share our commitment to improving mental health and wellbeing across Derbyshire, are strategic thinkers with strong communication skills and a high level of integrity.
Following a full skills audit of the current Board, we are also particularly seeking Trustees with additional skills and experience in any of the following areas:
- Digital, specifically websites and web-based communications
- Finance, financial governance and accounting, including a qualification in accountancy
- IT and Information Governance
- HR and Leadership
- Mental Health sector, including policy and legislation
To apply for the Trustee role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th February 2020:
- A current CV
- A covering letter (no more than two sides of A4), outlining how you meet the core skills, qualities and experience set out in the person specification. Please also outline how you meet one of more of the additional skills listed in the person specification. If you feel that you could bring other additional strengths, skills or experience to Derbyshire Mind, please tell us about these in your letter.
- It is Derbyshire Mind’s policy to take up references in respect of all volunteers and Trustees. Please provide the names and contact details of two people who would be willing to provide a reference.
- A completed equal opportunities monitoring form.
Unfortunately, Derbyshire Mind cannot consider for interview applicants that have not provided all of the above information.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role before applying, please email Graham Jowett, our Chair, on email@example.com, to arrange a suitable time.
Derbyshire Mind welcomes applications from all members of the community. We particularly welcome applications from individuals who have a lived experience of mental health problems.
Closing Date: Friday 7th February 2020
All trustee appointments will be subject to satisfactory references and trustee eligibility checks.
These roles are subject to a criminal records check with the disclosure and barring service.