Could you be a Community Volunteer for our new Sound Minds Workshop
Are you friendly, welcoming, and a great listener?
Would you love to be part of our growing Derbyshire Mind Volunteers Network?
Sound Minds looks at exploring playful and supportive ways to use music to connect and collaborate, exploring new, fun and creative ways we can use music, and visual art activities, to enhance our mental and social wellbeing.
Are you looking for a creative volunteer role where you can help support the wellbeing of others? Then we would love to hear from you!
As a valued Derbyshire Mind volunteer, we would provide you with all the necessary training and support to volunteer with Sound Minds and help you to make a real difference to people in your local community experiencing mental health challenges.
Community Volunteer (Sound Minds)
Hours: 2 hours a week or a fortnight
Salary: Volunteer role with expenses paid
Location: Mackworth, Derby City
Closing Date: We will close this recruitment post as soon as we find a suitable candidate
About Sound Minds:
Sound Minds: An exploration of sound, discovering the ways we can use music to enhance our mental wellbeing. Sound Minds is a workshop facilitated by Iylla, a Creative, Expressive Arts, Health and Wellbeing student at the University of Derby. Sound Minds looks at exploring playful and supportive ways to use music to connect and collaborate, exploring new, fun and creative ways we can use music, and visual art activities, to enhance our mental and social wellbeing.
The Sound Minds workshops are a supportive, welcoming space for people aged 18+ who experiences social anxiety, isolation, or low mood. Sound Minds workshops are a set of 15 weekly music and visual art based sessions that are a great opportunity to boost your self-esteem and connect with others in a supportive and playful musical environment. The sessions are based around exploring new and creative ways we can use music engagement to support our mental wellbeing.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- Helping to create a warm, friendly and non-judgemental group for all attendees,
- asking each attendee how they are feeling and holding space for people to feel able to discuss what they are going through and potentially be emotional
- supporting group attendees by being a good listener without attempting to ‘fix’,
- being generally a friendly person to chat with
- and by being a positive ambassador for Derbyshire Mind.
Examples of the types of responsibilities you could be asked to provide include:
- Facilitating a friendly, welcoming, and inclusive environment within the Sound Minds group
- Helping with the set up and packing away for the session activity
- Supporting with setting up refreshments and letting people know where everything is
- Talking with and listening to attendees who may require someone to listen to them and asking each attendee how they are doing
- Treating all attendees with kindness, empathy, understanding and respect
- Providing information about local Derbyshire Mind services and other community groups as necessary
– For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role description
If you are interested in applying for the Sound Minds Community Volunteer role, please complete the application form on the link below:
Sound Minds Volunteer Application form
You will also see the Role description below which has the full list of responsibilities in there.
Once we receive your application, we will be in touch soon after to have an informal chat.
If you would like to find out more about the role or need help with anything, Please contact Lucy at – email@example.com