Would you like to gain some valuable and rewarding experience whilst really making a difference to your local community?
Are you interested in volunteering with a leading mental health charity?
If so, you may be the person we are looking for!
Volunteers provide the perfect complement to our services here at Derbyshire Mind. We believe that volunteers bring a variety of unique skills, experiences and ideas to our organisation and help to enhance the support we can provide to our service users.
Volunteering Opportunity Advert – April 2021:
We are currently seeking up to FOUR Community Volunteers to support our Enjoying Derbyshire programme within Derby and South Derbyshire (and online) in the following roles:
ROLE ONE: Community Volunteer for the Green Connections nature connectedness group.
(Group runs on Thursdays 9.30-5.30pm, once a month)
ROLE TWO: Community Volunteer for our other Enjoying Derbyshire groups.
(A range of days and times available to suit you)
The purpose of both of these Community Volunteer roles is to facilitate the smooth running and welcoming feel of Derbyshire Mind’s community wellbeing groups by presenting a warm, friendly and non-judgmental presence, supporting group participants, assisting the group facilitators/staff, and being an ambassador for Derbyshire Mind.
As a Community Volunteer you will help provide friendly support to the participants in attendance so that they feel welcomed, safe, and potentially more confident about getting involved with the group and its activities.
A successful applicant will play an important role in the participants’ journey from start to finish with Derbyshire Mind by ensuring necessary support and encouragement is available at every step. Simultaneously, a volunteer will also assist Derbyshire Mind in recording feedback, comments, and concerns where necessary.
An example of the types of responsibilities you could be asked to provide include:
- Providing gentle support to participants and help the course/group/activity run smoothly
- Representing Derbyshire Mind and provide a welcoming, supportive and non-judgmental presence within the group
- Working alongside the facilitators/leaders, other volunteers, and participants, and support participants with empathy and understanding
- Talking with and listening to service users informally
- Assisting with the delivery of an enjoyable and valuable community group
- Helping the facilitators ensure that the venue is looked after, is safe, and complies with service risk assessments and the Health and Safety Policy
- Helping the participants use the technology if the course is an online one. (Eg Zoom)
- Signposting service users to other local Derbyshire Mind services and other community groups as necessary
- Adhering to Derbyshire Mind policies and procedures and the Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Being enthusiastic and taking pride in the Enjoying Derbyshire group and programme, and be ready and willing to suggest ways to help improve the service further and so on
- Full training and induction will be provided to support you in this role
– For the full list of responsibilities, please read the role descriptions for both roles:
N.B. The role description for the Green Connections role includes the set dates for the Thursday full day once a month sessions. – Please check you are available to cover these dates or the majority of them for 6 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in either of these two roles and think you have what it takes to be a friendly and welcoming community volunteer, please complete the application form by clicking this link:
Apply for Derbyshire Mind Volunteering Roles
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Please complete your application form before:
Wednesday 12th May 2021, at 12.00 noon.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON:
Thursday 20th May
Interviews may be either face-to-face at our offices in Derby, or by video call. Alternative dates are available if absolutely necessary.
IF SUCCESSFUL, YOUR TRAINING AND INDUCTION DAY WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Thursday 17th June 2021 – from 10am until 3pm
This will be delivered face-to-face in Derby, following Government guidelines.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Our Community Services Manager Jenny Ryan is managing this particular volunteering opportunity. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the roles, or if you need to discuss alternative methods of applying, please contact her by emailing: email@example.com.
Volunteer Vacancy Documents:
To apply for one of these roles, complete the Application Form here: Volunteer Application Form
Click here to read Derbyshire Mind’s Privacy Statement
Thank you for considering donating your time to help us support people in Derby and Derbyshire who are experiencing feelings of low mood and depression, isolation, stress, anxieties and worries, grief and bereavement, and low self-esteem. You are giving an amazing gift!