Mental Health Crisis Support

A mental health crisis can be a medical emergency - Please seek help from the appropriate place if you are feeling intense emotions and you will be supported through your difficult feelings.

Mental Health Support for when you are Struggling:

If you, or a friend or relative are experiencing mental health problems and need treatment or advice during office hours, then you should contact your GP. Your GP is your family doctor, the doctor you would normally see if you are ill or concerned about any other aspect of your health. They will be able to understand your health concerns and advise you on how to access the most appropriate mental health service in your area. You could also contact your therapist if you have one.

If you find yourself experiencing difficult intense emotions or a mental health crisis please contact any of the below numbers for help:

We DO NOT recommend that you call Derbyshire Mind for crisis support as unfortunately we do not have a crisis telephone service. Instead, we operate in-person crisis support every weekend in Buxton, Ripley and Swadlincote. 


Support in an Emergency:

If you feel like your life is at risk, or if you have seriously harmed yourself, please call 999 immediately as this is an emergency.

If you need medical help but can keep yourself safe for a while, call ‘NHS 111’ by dialing 111

For Mental Health Crisis Support please call The Derbyshire NHS Mental Health Crisis number: 0800 028 0077

If you need someone impartial and anonymous to talk to, please call The Samaritans: 116 123

All numbers operate on a 24/7 basis.

In-Person Crisis Support in Derbyshire (Non-Clinical)

Derbyshire Mind’s Crisis Support Drop-In services:

Open every Weekend:
Fridays and Saturdays: 6pm to 11pm
Sundays: 2.30pm to 5.30pm

No need to book or call ahead, just drop in when open.


Buxton: Zink HQ, Clough Street, Buxton, SK17 6LJ (within Market Street Car Park).

Ripley: The Croft, Slack Lane, Ripley, DE5 3HF (Just off Ripley Market Place).

Swadlincote: 12-14 West Street, Swadlincote, DE11 9DG (Opposite the Empire Cinema).

For more info:

Derbyshire Safe Havens:

Opening 7 days a week:
From 4.30pm – 12.30pm.

No need to book or call ahead, just drop in when open.


Derby: Trevayler, 309 Burton Road, Derby, DE23 6AG.

(For more info:

Chesterfield: 188 North Wingfield Road, Grassmoor, Chesterfield, S42 5EJ

(For more info:

Safeguarding Adults at Risk in Derby and Derbyshire

If you have a Safeguarding Concern, if you are the victim of abuse or neglect, or if you think you know someone who is being or has been abused or neglected, it is really important to get help and advice.

Please contact the local Adult Safeguarding Boards:

If you are in Derby: 01332 642855

If you are in Derbyshire: 01629 533190

(You can even phone and report a safeguarding concern anonymously without revealing your name.)

If it is an emergency situation, please call 999 who will get you the urgent support you/they need.

Other Support Organisations:

We have gathered lots of useful local and national support organisations and websites for you to access when you are searching for further information or support.

Visit the webpage here: Other Support Organisations