Who is the service for?

This service is available for people living in the Erewash and Amber Valley areas that are using or trying to access mental health services, the service is completely free of charge.

What does the service offer?

We can offer you independent support to enable you to express your views and wishes in relation to the mental health services you are using, or trying to use. We can do this in a variety of ways including:

  • Listening
  • Supporting you to speak up or speaking on your behalf
  • Providing information on mental health issues and services
  • Attending meetings with you
  • Writing letters on your behalf


Specialist IMHA support available to informal in-patients

Thanks to extra funding and support from Derbyshire County Council and Hardwick CCG we are able to extend the specialist advocacy support provided by our IMHAs to informal in-patients in all mental health and learning disability units across Derbyshire.

Our commissioners recognise that patients who are in hospital on an informal basis can have the same need for specialist advocacy support and information about their rights and the care and treatment they are receiving whilst in hospital as detained patients.


The service is independent and free of charge


Contact Us

click here for contact details