If you are a Derbyshire resident and an Inpatient in a Mental Health Unit in Derbyshire you are entitled to support from an Independent Mental Health Advocate (IMHA).
An IMHA can help you:
- Understand and exercise your rights
- Make choices and decisions about your care
- Access information to understand what is happening to you and the choices you have
- Say what you want to the people involved in your care
- Access and prepare for Mental Health Tribunals
- Attend ward rounds with you
- Raise any concerns and complaints about your care
This service is free, confidential, independent and provided by our trained specialist mental health advocates.
Make a Referral
If you are in a Mental Health Hospital and would like to refer yourself to our Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA) team please complete this referral form:
What Happens Next?
After you have completed the online Referral Form an advocate will make contact to either arrange to see you in person or speak with you over the phone.