This is a two day training course designed for people who do not have any specialist mental health training or experience. It would be suitable for staff, volunteers, carers or service users.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of a range of common mental health problems and will be able to offer practical support and signposting for a number of issues from stress, panic attacks to suicide attempts.
The aim of the training is to enable people with mental health problems to access help promptly, cutting through their own and other’s prejudice about mental health.
The cost of this training is £198 per person including the course materials.
The course delivery is very flexible and may be delivered over two full days or spread out over a number of sessions. Maximum number of participants on the course is 16 with two trainers.
What will I learn on a MHFA course?
An MHFA course will teach you to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Bookings are made via online application.. If you require further details about the course or you wish to discuss a group booking Please contact Caron Kirkham on 01332 345966 ext 2, or email email@example.com
Read our booking Terms & Conditions